QCF/NVQ Diploma in Team Leading
QCF Diploma in Team Leading Level 2
Davidson Training offers the QCF Diploma in Team Leading at level 2 throughout Greater London, Essex and Kent. A qualification in Team Leading can help you succeed in a support role in any size or type of organisation. These roles include: supervisor, office team leaders, warehouse controllers, or for anyone who is looking to develop their Team Leading skills in preparation for enhanced career prospects
The Level 2 Diploma is a "hybrid" qualification that combine both knowledge and competence (skills) units.
The ILM Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading has been designed for team leaders who have some personal autonomy and responsibility and who collaborate with others to deliver work. The NVQ gives learners the opportunity to develop the core competences needed by team leaders in today’s dynamic business world.
Level 2. Learn about team building and teamwork skills and how this can boost your performance in business
On completion learners will gain the skills and knowledge required to progress on to relevant team leading roles in employment. Additionally, the qualifications are required components within the Team Leading apprenticeship frameworks. Further training opportunities in specific team leading and management routes allow learners to gain the essential skills required to fulfil roles such as higher management.
Structure – Key Features
Learners must complete all mandatory units, including those covering communication and personal development, plus a minimum number of credits from the optional units.
Structure – Key Benefits
A wide range of optional units allows you to tailor content to suit learners' individual needs, whilst meeting the occupational requirements of the industry. Optional units include those in IT, management and leadership, business administration and customer service.
Assessment - Key Features
Mandatory knowledge units are assessed on-demand through the City & Guilds eassessment platform e-volve. The competence or skills-based units are assessed through a portfolio of evidence.
Assessment - Key Benefits
e-volve is designed to cut the time spent marking and reduces your paperwork. The on-demand assessment is flexible and improves success rates as candidates only complete when they are ready. Portfolio assessment allows learners to draw upon real and relevant evidence that inspires and excites them, creating a more rewarding experience.
Support – Key Features
Our support resources include: a Qualification Handbook and learner support via ILM and personal support.
Support – Key Benefits
ILM supports learners in order to drive greater quality and better success rates.
Interested learners will develop and improve the following skills & interests...
- Team leading skills including effective communication within teams and successful team decision making.
- Communication skills.
- Delegating and being a team player.
- Spoken and written communication skills relating to working with colleagues, other departments, outside companies and members of the public.
- Providing vision and creating enthusiasm.
- Staff appraisals and team development.
- Setting team objectives.
The programme consists of the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Team Leading Level 2
The QCF consists of QCF (Qualification Credit Framework) units and is assessed in the learner’s workplace. The learner will receive both on-the-job and off-the-job training. Training will cover the knowledge and understanding of team leading and the activities that take place in a business organisation as well as the organisations relevant policies and procedures, products and services offered and legislation. Assessment is summative by multiple choice exam papers completed on-line and paper-based.
The learner produces a portfolio of evidence that is used to prove competence on a variety of team leading duties, e.g. personal development plans, team development plans, engaging and supporting your team, build positive and productive relationships at work etc. Some assessments are completed via multiple choice exam papers and questions completed on-line and paper-based.
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and Information Communication Technology at Level 1 or 2
The three Functional Skills are Mathematics, English and Information Communication Technology (ICT). An initial assessment and diagnostic will identify areas for training and the training will be delivered with summative assessment being carried out by way of external tests either online or paper-based.
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities will also be covered; the Government has decided that everyone on an Apprenticeship programme must understand their responsibilities and rights within the working environment.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills will be embedded within the qualification and has been "developed to emphasise the importance of acquiring and improving skills that enable young people to cope with social, economic and technological change; become more effective learners who can continue to learn; and enjoy and achieve in all aspects of their life”. The Skills for Sustainable Growth Strategy for England places an emphasis on skills which build confidence and creativity and which improve social and working lives and PLTS play a key part in realising this ambition.